Thursday, April 10, 2008

Outlook is Everything


We met some really fun people on the cruise... Specifically the bunch that sat at the next table at dinner every night. Most of them were from Texas, but I believe one couple was from California. We competed with them each night for the title of "rowdiest table" in the dining room that seats 1500 or so people... :-)

I never did learn their names, but by the last night of the cruise, a few of us went for drinks and dancing with one of the couples. Watching them on the dance floor, I couldn't help but think that I only hope I can still be that active, and enjoying life that much at their age.

Upon arriving home, I had a lot of catching up to do - a week's worth of blogs from several of my friends... And I came across these videos on one blog about an octegenarian chorus. Apparently these are clips from a documentary. The group is called Young at Heart. These people are much further along in their lives than the Texans we met on the cruise, but they're enjoying life just as much. What an inspiration! (Keep your kleenex box handy for the second video...)

Stayin' Alive


Fix You


Search for "Young at Heart" on Youtube and you'll find lots more clips...

No comments: